Friday, October 1, 2010

UPDATE: THEY DID NOT TAKE THE MATTRESSES! :/ another update in my comments

Tuesday...I told God I wanted to be His hands and feet. He knows I also wanted to be his eyes and voice.
Tuesday night I had an opportunity to "help" someone.
Wednesday I had an opportunity to "help" someone.
Thursday, I called a girlfriend. A very dear to me girlfriend. This girl is married to a man that acts EXACTLY like the lady that gave birth to me.
(For those of you that have been with me the last three years, I don't have to say anymore. If you are new to my blog, you will have to come up with your own scenerios at this time because I don't want to talk about her, I don't want to be angry..just know that I want NOTHING to do with her..I think she treats me AWFUL and though I can forgive her....she is POISON to me.)
Going back to my girlfriend who HAS to live with her husband and is not able to walk away from her poison as I got to.....
I called her Thursday to tell her about my "helping" adventures. When she answered, she was ___________..I could say distraught, there are NO words for how she was feeling. I listened. I listened more. When she ran out of words and I had no comforting words for her (I would consider jumping off a bridge if I had to live with the woman who gave me birth and remember, she is "stuck" with this man that represents her)...I decided to lighten the mood by going ahead and telling her about my adventures (because when I tell them with my voice, not on here, they are HILARIOUS!) The fact that I am VERY animated, helps :P
She doesn't laugh. She says "I wish I could join you but if I were to do something like that my husband would call me crazy." I felt so bad, and with nothing more to say...I am assuming we hung up...
yesterday, I went to the Bible and found a verse that was telling her to HOLD ON! It was a word of HOPE. God is a rescuer...and He is on His way...
I told her where to go to read it....
we are talking and it came to a point in the conversation where she said she wanted to end her life. For some reason, I wasn't worried....(it kind of made me question how good of a friend I really am? Should I have called her sister? Should I have called a hotline and had her picked up?) All I could think about was writing what I would say at her funeral...which I will share with you in a minute
The day goes by and she calls me to tell me she had an ALL DAY coffee with a friend of hers..and great words were spoken..things that we tell each other ALL THE TIME but she needed to hear it from someone she doesn't see all the time, ya know??? so now that she is feeling MUCH better and I know her life is safe so I told her (with a HUGE SMILE..take this lightly or it will sound soooo wrong)
IF YOU EVER DO THAT...and if you think I will speak great things about you, you are wrong...
I will say...."This girl had a GREAT calling on her life. When she was really down I found a verse for her to read to bring her hope but she chose to take her life, what a waste." We were CRACKING up (I guess we are "sick" individuals?) she says to me, laughing "NOTE TO SELF..do NOT let Robbie speak at my funeral." LLOLOLOLLLLLL
there is a point to all this....just hold on.
if you were with me Wednesday, you know I brought two mattresses home that fell off a man's truck..yes, I am going to have to pay to haul them away but it's God's money anyway.....and even if He never blessed me again, He has already blessed me so much that what I did was NO BIG DEAL...I want to SERVE others....maybe you can understand this, maybe you can't...
Last night we are finished with dinner and I ask Mike to pull the trash to the curb (COMPLETELY FORGETTING ABOUT THE MATTRESSES....and we have been sooooooo busy, I had never told him) Mia comes in and says "I told Dad about the mattresses" and then I remember "OH SHOOT!!!! I WAS SUPPOSED TO CALL THE TRASH COMPANY TO ASK THEM TO PICK THOSE UP!!!!!"
as I am trying to call the company and leave a message, Mike is asking me where the mattresses came from and then he hears me say "I know it will cost us pick up but if you could PLEASE get them tomorrow?" on their machine...he asks me WHY we are paying to haul away mattresses he has never seen before and when I look at him he says "you know, I probably don't even want to know" and I just said "you wouldn't understand" which may or maynot be true...I would just have to go back so many days to explain to him...
so I am sitting at the table and he is sitting in the chair and my girlfriend who had wanted to end her life that morning but was okay by the afternoon, called me. I picked up just in case something had changed....but when I answered, it wasn't the typically HAPPY me...
her "you sound dry"
me "what's up?"
her "I was just calling to see how your Zumba class went?"
me..(hearing Zumba, I perked up a little) "it was GREAT"
(Mike leaves the room)
her "what's going on with you?"
me "I sent Mike out to take the trach to the curb and I forgot about the mattresses"
her (I could hear her holding back a laugh) "he didn't understand?"
Both busting out in laughter to the point of tears....
me "I didn't try explaining"
her "oh my gosh that is the only thing that would have made this better, is you trying to explain it to him and the look he would have given you."

Am I crazy? Is doing a good nice helpful deed, crazy? If it is...then I AM crazy.
(Mike is not mad at me...he's just confused because, well, wouldn't you be if mattresses appeared out of nowhere?)

but my girlfriend tells me "Robbie, if we all spent more time being helpful to others, the world would be a better place."

Thank you girlfriend.

I really hope they pick these mattresses up today.

3 comments:

  1. You are fabulous. Straight face, no laughing, just sincerely: You are fabulous!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, so they did not pick up the mattresses this morning, BUT they called me and when I told her the story about them not being mine, she said "we will bestow the same amount of grace upon you that you showed that man." *tears* Thank you God, you are SOOOO beautiful and AMAZING. (I hope they come before Mike gets home :P) lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and Thank you Melissa....I don't feel that I did anything Great..I just want to be a blessing to others :) but I think you are really great too! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete