Wednesday, October 6, 2010

ON THE ROAD AGAIN. :)

it's Wednesday.
we left Monday morning at 10am. We were ready much earlier BUT I couldn't find my Zumba cd/dvd case, and I was NOT leaving until I found it. I have to learn a few songs while I am on the road for when I get back Monday. :) (which I have successfully done in the van..though I haven't ACTUALLY danced them :P)
Monday evening we arrived at my girlfriend, Serena's. She lives on Lake Eufaula. She built a 3 car detached garage with a full size loft above...it has a HUGE kitchen, living area, full size bath, washer, dryer, and all the games. Pool table, Fooz ball, shuffle board, Ping Pong....that is the upstairs..downstairs, there is a trampoline, fire pit, grill, hammock, and golf cart. :P To say my kids were in heaven might be an understatement. :)

I was, of course, very happy to catch up with my friend. :) :) :)

Tuesday...packed and left the house by 10am...next stop, Fort Worth. We visited the Stockyards..which typocally wouldn't be my place to visit...but it was actually quite interesting! There was a man riding a horse down the cobblestone street. A man with a bull, if you paid $3 you could get your picture on the bull. :) We saw the first saloon established in the 1800s and the street where a police and gambler had a famous..what do you call that when two men hold a gun and shoot at each other???? I guess the gambler owed the cop some money and they fought each other in the street and one shot the other one's thumb off so the other one couldn't shoot his pistol? I didn't REALLY get to listen because I had 4 yound children who couldn't care less about the history of Fort Worth so we headed to a store to buy an ice cream cone for each of them..I thought I would then be able to listen to our personal tour guide...but the ice crea, cones brought on a whole different issue...the melting in the sun, right? LOL

For dinner, we went to RioMambo where my husband, the good one, got Salmon. I, on the other hand, got grilled brisket tacos with melted monterey jack cheese...YUM!!!!! and of course, guacamole!

there is so much more to tell about this particular stay..but we just turned onto the road where Oliver lives...we are 5 miles away so I need to wrap this post up and GO!

I will try to catch ya'll again Friday. We will be driving again..7 hours, I think...but know that I am having a FABULOUS time as you read this..catching up with great friends!!!! :) :) :) Two nights of F U N!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment