Monday, December 20, 2010

My friend picked me up around 5:45
we drove around while we talked
we were passing a Kohl's at 7
I asked her if she wanted to dress me like a Barbie doll
(this girl LOVES shopping...I would say "lives for it" but that's not entirely true..though she would make an excellent personal shopper and I am considering getting her a debit card from my account with her name on it, we had SO MUCH FUN!

I SWORE I would NEVER revisit skinny jeans and she got me to buy a pair....(she told me how jealous she was about how I looked in them..how could I pass them up?..gosh if you didn't really know me, I sound awful right now :P :P :P) lol

I have been wanting a pair of black tennis shoes. cute ones. not for running. not for cross training. not for Zumba. just cute black tennis shoes to wear with jeans to the grocery store. cute.
well, I got a pair of black Reebok Tone ups or whatever they are called. (they were on sale and I had a 20% off and I was tired of wanting them :P)
they had size 7 and size 8. The 8s were WAY too big and the 7s were a little snug but I thought I could handle it..
I got home and wore them around the house and they were just uncomfortable enough that for the money I spent, I was not satisfied.

we decided to take a family outing to Target. The girls and I all needed pantyhose and tights for the Nutcracker Ballet..we were all wearing pretty dresses.

while we were out I decided I would run into another Kohl's and see if they had a 7 1/2. Mike and the kids were going to run through DQ drivethrough while they had to wait for me ( I also had to try on bras..all I own are sportsbras and the pretty dress I was wearing needed something other than that :P)

Mike didn't have his phone with him..so I had no way of calling him when I was finished. It was 2:45 so I said.."let's just meet out here at 3:30"

when he pulled away I thought "you are going to stand in line at Customer Service to make an exchange, try on bras and CHECKOUT on "sale Saturday" at Kohl's the LAST Saturday before Christmas in FORTY FIVE minutes????" RRUUUUUUNNNNN! :P

so 1st stop...SHOES. they had my size...YES!!!
I am walking FAST..with a HUGE smile on my face...probably swinging my arms and possibly my behind..
walking walking..
I see an older man and lady sitting in the display massage chairs...
I smile EVEN BIGGER at them as I pass
I am thinking..
"they are so sweet, they must be tired from shopping and those chairs must feel good"
as I pass..the lady, in (what I assuming is) her most sour puss voice, asks "is there a fire?"

I am aware that doesn't sound mean..but you had to be there to hear the sarcasm...

so I am still walking fast, still smiling...but I was like "REALLY?"

[insert where I play the victim] um, yes, I have a van full of kids and a husband..it's very hard to getaway for this kind of "me time", unless it's 5am when stores are not open...I don't have family in the area that can help and it is OUTRAGEOUS paying for a sitter. Older sister, EVEN IF SHE WANTED TO HELP, is busy too..and my husband doesn't have a phone on him so I HAVE to hurry and WHY????when I just gave you the BIGGEST smile EVER do you even have to say ANYTHING at ALL much less SOMETHING SOOOOOO GRUMPY?????? (and Kristin, if you are reading this...we WILL do the babysit exchange in 2011 but I couldn't call you.I KNOW you are as busy as me right now. :P)

but I kept smiling and I kept walking fast.....
and there was a long line at Customer Service..and I kept smiling
and when I took care of the shoes...
I went to the bras
and when NONE of the bras I wanted had my size, I kept smiling
and I finally found one that would work
and then I was walking by this most gorgeous scarf
and I bought it

and I had to take Mia to get shoes..and the first two stores didn't have them
I kept smiling
The third store did..YAY PAYLESS!!!!

Got home, showered, got prettied up...
in the car...

oh here is where I have to stop my conversation with you.
Lesson learned with my first child..I should not have written everything she did...
I apologize to you and to her....well, I haven't apologized to her because we do not speak...but I would apologize to her if we did. :P

let's just say..Alex is a teenager
and there is a reason that God makes babies come out really really really cute, sweet and cuddly...because if they came out as teens...they'd never make it and humans would be extinct because nobody would ever reproduce :D
and some of you may have teenagers that have the highest amount of respect for you, their parent...and if that is the case..please count your blessing. :)

but even during our time of disrespect and her rolling of her eyes, I kept silent and continued to smile
and when we were walking to the ballet and my shoes were causing my toes to yell out because of the torture they were feeling, I smiled (it was a wincing smile by now ;p)

LOL...you know what...it keeps getting "better" and I keep smiling..
this is turning into one of those "MEET THE FOCKERS" type movies..where it just keeps coming..LOL

so I will finish with a happy summary

My friend is fabulous and she will be fabulous.
My other friend going through painful struggles is going to be fabulous
I am going to be fabulous.
I had an excellent time shopping with my girlfriend!!! we are going back on Sunday because we have KOHL'S CASH to spend :D It was sooooooo wonderful hanging with her not talking about husbands, kids, life...we were just girls...oh my gosh it was soooooo awesome!!! It was like having a sister!!!!!!!
(I was showing her new ZUMBA moves in the PETITE section :P)

and I will not brag about the size I got in but I will tell you, it was GOOD! :D Both of our mouths dropped!
AND
I will be quiet now.
:D

1 comment: