Sunday, January 2, 2011

weirdish day

Started off great! Did some laundry..some grocery shopping...assembled a couple super cheesy goopy casseroles...one for us, one for a friend...had people over for lunch..fun fun fun

and then...during our conversation...I was told a dear lady passed away this morning...I had started a blog about the 365 people that influenced my life...I only got to number 3 because there aren't a lot of things that truly SHAPED me..if that makes sense...
1. the man that molested me
2. the lady that practically raised me, Mrs. Crum
3. the lady that told me that God has a plan for my life and is NOT letting me go...

#3 is Gretchen Claybrook..
I pray for her husband and children and grandchildren and her best friend Margie..

after hearing the news...I continued visiting with my friends..not really being able to process what has happened...

my friends left and I called my Dad..it's his birthday...
I had been e-mailing him every once in a while, suggesting that he and his wife come visit for a weekend..
I didn't think much about the fact that he wasn't replying...we all get busy..
when I called him, he informed me that his wife, my step mom...has cancer...on her brain-stem?
She is undergoing chemo and radiation? I don't know if those are two separate things???
He said he has been putting off calling me because he didn't know how to tell me and didn't want to burden me... I told him, I can PRAY!

My Dad is such a good man..he loves his wife soooo much...he told me he is taking care of her 24/7...
I told Alex the news and she said she was JUST thinking about them Friday...it would be great is Alex and I could go visit for a couple days...
I don't know if it is at all possible..but we'll see

oh and on a happier note....I kid you not...remember my wish list that I wrote a couple days ago??? The knife magnet? When I went grocery shopping today, I took Mike's car..when I was unloading I found a Target bag with a knife magnet and a USB calculator to plug into my laptop for paying bills...
Mike had forgot he got them for me for Christmas. :)

First want checked off my list and an additional one that I had not even mentioned to ya'll :) This is going to be fun to watch :)

HUGS and PRAYERS to YOU and if you would..please pray for healing for Terry Sullivan's cancer and pray for the Claybrook family and friends :) Peace, Love, Joy, and Strength .

No comments:

Post a Comment