Friday, September 24, 2010

Rambles, pull up a chair and grab the popcorn :P

kandeethemakeupartist.blogspot.com/.../how-to-get-perfect-hot-pink-lips.html
kandeethemakeupartist.blogspot.com/.../now-to-get-perfect-nude-lips.html

I will check out these links one day when I feel I have time to do so...

you are maybe wondering "well, she's blogging, doesn't THAT count as "spare time?" and then there are those of you that KNOW..that just because you got to read this all at one time...doesn't mean it all got put down at the "same time". :P

Since this is a NEW blog I will tell you a little about me.....sometimes I type in "real time" and tell you everytime I stop to grab coffee or fold a load of laundry , etc...LOL

Right now..I am sitting here with my Day 3 throbbing headache and I don't feel like "concentrating " on a video about lips..because when I watch it..I will be pad and paper in hand and then looking up prices and yea...I sound a little superficial here but you would have to know me...I was QUEEN of "take care of everyone but me" and I got BURNED OUT! well, Lord knows my honey works hard for the $$$ and now that I want to "take care" of me...I want to get what I KNOW I will LOVE....I go to WalMart/Target?etc. and try different shades of pinks and they are $4-$7 dollars..I get home, they look awful on me and either my little girls get them or they go to the trash can because I don't want to continue to look at my mistake and waste of money....SO! I am going to do my research and get Perfect Pink Lips from Kandee Johnson, the most amazing make-up artist I know. :)

In other news...I was talking to Sam and Mia and we were discussing names. I had quoted something from Princess Diaries II "I look like a moose" "well, you make all the male moose go HHHHAAAAAAWWWWWW!" I don't know why that came up in conversation, but ANYWAY..
Mia "Who was that? Princess??????"
Sam "Princess MIA!"
Me "yea, Mia , her name was Amelia! I wonder if that is why I named you that?"
Sam "yea, didn't Sophia and ALex used to watch that when they were young?"
Me "I don't know! I know I named you Samantha because I like boys names, like Robbie, Alex, and Sam...what name would YOU have picked?"
Mia "Bella"
Me "Like Isabella, but called Bella?"
Mia "YEA!"
me "well, your middle name is Isabelle...I guess you could go by your middle name....your cousin in Texas is Andrea Celeste and she goes by Celeste and your grandmother is Maria Carmen but goes by Carmen"
and then I wondered...is it some "mexican thing" or do MANY people go by their middle names? I know I only mentioned two but it just made me wonder..
HOW WEIRD WOULD IT BE IF MIA WENT BY BELLA? Of course it would be REALLY weird for us here...but once she got to like Jr. High? (which here is 6th grade..weird!)

ok, head pounding...I guess I have to go find my Tic Tacs...I mean, my Excedrin..I have been taking them SO OFTEN they feel like Tic Tacs :(

other things on my list to do
take some recent pics of my beauties and upload them :)
Get back on track with my House That Cleans Itself book... Maybe have it a goal t be done with it by Christmas? That sounds like a great goal!

We need so little from our home right now...there is clutter that is not bringing ANYONE joy. I am starting to get adjusted to my teaching schedule so I can figure out my time a little better...

oh my goodness, when I was preparing to teach Zumba...I got the job on Aug 2nd and was starting September 1st..from SCRATCH..I didn't know ONE song! That was ALL I did! Watch videos, dance videos, memorize dances, and on to the next one....
I do need to learn a few new songs a month to throw in the routine..but it won't EVER be like it was in the beginning.

ok...also on my list of things to do....I don't REALLY "want" to do this but being a want-to-be responsible mom....feed my family. When I started teaching, I dropped the ball. I didn't really have a handle on the ball anyway. I hate cooking. If it were up to me, we would all eat a yogurt, banana, and a handful of almonds and call it a night. I am assuming my family would like a little more than that. so I am hoping with the new fellow bloggers I will be following..ya'll can help me get on track...I'll at least have some accountability.

I mentioned earlier that I can see a change in my body........I have not been running for almost 2 weeks, and I have accidently lost like 3-4 pounds. My jeans are baggy and my Zumba shirts are getting bigger on me.

I was talking to this guy who is a dancer and was in the Marines and he said "running does not burn fat, it burns sugar and though it is great for your heart, it does NOT assist in losing weight or body fat" THAT would explain why I have been running my hiney off and had stayed EXACTLY where I started weight wise! Oh My Gosh!!!

so now I am glad I have running under my belt...if ever I am feeling SUPER stressed, I can run instead of smoking or getting drunk..but for my everyday cardio, besides Zumba, I can just walk. :) Which means I can take girlfriends with me!!!! Girls are much more likely to walk with me, than run with me, and when you run, you can't Talk. I am so excited! :)

uuummmmm....that's enough on my To DO list. All that, plus my Celebrating Everyday Life with my kids is PLENTY!....
I doubt I will make it back on here before Monday..I have a very busy weekend planned. I pray you have a super fun,super safe, super blessed weekend. I love each and everyone of you.

xoxoxoxxoxo

4 comments:

  1. Robbie that comment about running is simply just NOT true!! Running so hard you can not breath like a 100meter sprint now that is true. Running a slow pace where you can still hold a conversation (and I hardly see you running and NOT talking;)luv ya) burns FAT!! I have read somewhere from a running magazine I think that actually running/walking intervals is the BEST! Many many runners are not SUPER skinny but that has probably more to do with genetics and body type not that running does not burn enough calories. I think walking is just aas good but honestly now that you know the feeling running gives you...walking just won't cut it:))!! Mix it up friend... variety is the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can help with food/menu planning if you want. I don't mind the cooking, but I hate the planning, so I started doing one month menu's years ago and it really works for me. Tonight was a new recipe (remember, Sept was a month of new stuff) and it turned out excellent :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodie...I do run fast enough I can't talk..GOOFBALL! :P you are sooo funny!!! That is the ONLY time that I would be quiet though!!!!

    I have to quit running because of my knees and teaching Zumba....but I am glad I know how in case I just "need" to do it... BUT! I was SERIOUSLY stuck at 129 130...and now that I have not run in 2 weeks (and have been eating CRAP!) I am down to 125. and when I say on accident, I mean it!!! :P

    Kristin, I would love to walk with you...you don't do early mornings, right? It would have to be an evening thing? Maybe a weekend?

    OH my gosh SassyMomma! I used to do the 30 day calendar....and then..oh , who knows??? I would LOVE to get back on that track. Especially on Tuesday/Thursday..when I work from 5-6...I would love to do Crock Pot stuff. Wednesday is our Little Caesar $5 pizza...I LOVE WEDNESDAYS! :)

    you can see on my side link all the blogs listed...and Let It Be's Crispy Herb Fish and Parmesan Potatoes is sounding TASTY! I haven't looked at it yet..

    anyway...I can't believe it's almost midnight and I have to get out of here EARLY. :/ See you guys soon. :)

    ReplyDelete