Friday, September 24, 2010

I forgot to tell you about my FABULOUS birthday!!!!
I woke up in the morning and went to make coffee (as I ALWAYS do) and I hear this marching coming up from behind me

HEAR ME OUT!! you know on Wizard of Oz, the witch's crew who go *march march march march* "OH EE OH OOOOH OOH" THAT is the sound of marching I heard. :P and I turn around to look at them (Mike, Sam, and Mia) and say "GOOD MORNING!" and they ask "WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP??? you're supposed to be in bed, GO BACK TO BED!" so I laugh and run with my tail between my legs , back to bed and twiddle my thumbs...I AM NOT ONE TO GO BACK TO BED ONCE I AM UP!!!! Hence my MANY 4am excursions. :)

I am laying in bed and I hear them coming UP the stairs, no marching this time. :P and Sam is carrying a plate with eggs and toast, Mia is carrying a carton of half and half and Mike has my coffee. :) I asked "can I be awake now?" and we all laughed. :) (Mike makes the BEST scrambled eggs by the way! He has a way of keeping the heat low and taking his time and they turn out PERFECT everytime...I don't have the patience for cooking!)
the girls gave me my presents...homemade bookmarks and pictures drawn..PRECIOUS!

on a happy/sad note..it reminded me of one year that Sophia and Alex tried to surprise me with something on my birthday....and I got really mad at them.and if there was one day I could take back in my life...believe it or not...THAT would be my one day chosen.(I don't want to get into that whole explanation right now because I am already in deep with my current story.)

Mike had previously asked me what I wanted for my birthday and my reply was "shoes" which he CANNOT get for me on his own so I was going to have to wait to go shopping (and with our amount of children and schedule I will be waiting a while :P).

(I wanted to ask him for 6 shades of lipcolor to create the PERFECT PINK LIPS but I know that would've scared him off. LOL I am sure I will come back to THAT story at a another time because I am still determined to get the perfect pink lips!!!)

Mike looks at me and says "I have a little something for you" and he hands me a Veggie Tale one year devotional for us to do with the kids every night..it was the most precious gift!!! (he said I still get shoes but he thought we could all use the devotions :P)

THAT whole story to tell you about last night.

side story..the night before last night..I had a throbbing, what felt like a migraine, so when they were doing the devotion, I was laying with my arm over my eyes but I was listening...these devotions are like 50 words or less...SHORT STORIES!!! I FELL ASLEEP!!!! I felt sooo bad when I woke up yesterday morning (both because my head was STILL pounding and because I had fallen asleep!)

SO! LAST NIGHT I said "Let ME read the devotion so I stay awake!" lol and it was about memorizing the verse "today is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it: Psalm (I am going to guess 118:24?)
so Zachary JUMPS up and runs upstairs to get his CD that plays that song and next thing I know there is jumping on the couches and dancing and singing of that song..(which I love!)

Good! Great Night! We had to explain why it is IMPORTANT to celebrate EVERYDAY and I told my children..because we are never guaranteed tomorrow.and I am sure that sounds morbid and they cannot comprehend it but it's the TRUTH...any one of us can go in an instant. so I choose to do my BEST to celebrate daily.... :) (we all know there are bumps in the road that knock me out of my party now and then, but I will ALWAYS get back up again!)

We go to bed happy. and THEN Siler turns to me and says "My ear hurts" and that was the beginning of a loooooong night of crying. oh my gosh I felt awful! I gave him Motrin and I [somewhat] slept in the recliner, holding him. We woke up several times in the middle of the night. My sweet sweet baby. :(
I remember Sophia would hurt real bad like that when she got ear infections. I would feel AWFUL! My first and my last are the only ones affected like that. :/....I am waiting for 8:00 so I can take my baby to Urgent Care and get him his meds.
at least it is his ear and not something contagious...depending on how he's acting I can still go to my friend's today...she has a little boy that was actually due the EXACT day Siler was due! :)

okay..I have DEFINITELY rambled more than normal this morning...I guess I am just SOOOOOOO excited about my new blog and my new life. :)

xoxoxxoxoxoxo Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment