Saturday, June 4, 2011

sit down, grab the popcorn, you are about to get an ear full

If you haven't read my last post...I tell about my mother who has now offered Alex a place to live....if you have no idea what that means...it means..she already let one of my teenage daughters move in and now she is ready for the next...

You would think I am sitting here with needle holes in my arms or DFS charges against me or something...why would a grandmother keep wanting to take her daughter's children???? Even IF (and that is a huge IF) she could do a "better" job....why???

well.....there is no more time or energy to waste being angry at this woman God gave me as a mother...because now my daughter is pregnant...

and just as I became a Mother NOTHING LIKE MY MOTHER...now I will learn to be a Grandmother NOTHING LIKE MY MOTHER!....

With all the things I have going through my head...I thought this would turn into a novel...the things I could say. but there is no more time for negative words...my daughter will know the truth...soon enough

I just want my 5 other children protected from here on out....

I pray Alex is not already sucked in...I wish I would have never told her she could have a relationship with that lady as soon as she could drive herself.

My friend asked me "if Sophia knew all these things about your mother and what she did to you, why did she go there?"

oh the things my mom had to offer her....

a house with no siblings
a cleaning lady
a phone with bells and whistle (remember when she left here , she never had texting...her Father PROTECTING her AS LONG AS HE COULD)
a laptop in her room (never allowed here)
she got  to go to colleges for the weekend
Ozarks with boys
expensive purses
manicures
massages
dinners at restaurants
and my friend blurts out
"pregnancy"

well, the GOOD NEWS is...

this child will save Sophia's life.

Sophia saved mine.

I was headed in a place that I shouldn't have went.

Sophia was headed there too, QUICKLY .

There was nothing I could do about it...

The things I said to her in my head..because she wasn't under my roof anymore..I had no say....and when I told her the truth...that she was not a good example to her siblings...she didn't want to hear it...and I couldn't make her...

ok...Robbie...focus....

She is going to be a good mom...

She had a good example.

My past may have been super slim shady

but I KNOW, as a Mother...I did a great job. :) :) :) Thank you God....Thank you!!! I could NOT have done it without YOU.

1 comment:

  1. Yup!! I had the same thought almost immediately....this Baby is saving Sophia! It just the truth! I pray she figures it all out just like her Momma did though!! You have done a superb job ESPECIALLY considering who your mentors have been!!

    ReplyDelete